Dates & Deadlines 2018
Class Registration Form
Due March 9, 2018
Return the completed form to the Fair Coordinator to confirm your participation in the Heritage Fairs program.
Heritage Fair Teachers Meeting
Late March or early April, exact date TBA
Receive important information about the Regional and Provincial Fairs.
Project Registration Form
Due April 13, 2018
Return the completed Project Registration form to the Fair Coordinator to register your students for the Regional Fair.
Student Registration and Parental Consent Form
Due April 18, 2018
Return the completed Student Registration and Parental Consent Form to the Fair Coordinator for all students attending the fair.
Project Set-Up Day
Thursday, April 27, 2018 – after school (drop-in)
Students bring their projects to the Harris Barn and set-up their displays. The Project Summary Form must be in front of their project display. Later in the evening, after all students leave, judges will arrive to view the projects for preliminary judging.
3rd annual Delta Regional Heritage Fair
Fri-Sat April 27-28, 2018
On Friday, students are interviewed about their research and take part in a variety of heritage field trips and workshops. Teachers are welcome to visit with their class. On Saturday, students attend with their families and take part in a variety of family-friendly heritage activities. The day ends with a Closing Ceremony and special awards are presented.
Announcement regarding Provincial Fair students and Young Citizens
Following discussions with teachers and parents, Fair coordinators will announce those invited to attend the Provincial Fair and participate in Young Citizens.
Suggested Timeline in the Classroom
This is only a suggested timeline for Heritage Fair since each teacher has his or her own way of doing things, and each classroom has their own unique learning style. The Teaching Resources page has helpful websites and lesson plans for each step.
– Introduce the Heritage Fairs program.
– Choose a project topic.
– Develop inquiry questions.
– Introduce note-taking, and begin research.
– Continue research and start forming conclusions.
– Write rough drafts.
– Plan project display (what will go on the project display board, what will go in front) and gather materials.
– Write or type good copies and work on project display.
– Project can be due before or after Spring Break.
– Practice interviews, then hold the School Heritage Fair.
– Choose projects for the Regional Fair and submit student registration forms.
– Regional Fair – bring class on a field trip to see all the project displays.
– Invite Fair Coordinator to give out participation certificates in class or at school assembly.
– Fill out feedback forms and return to your Fair Coordinator.
Visiting the Regional Fair
Classes are invited to visit the Fair. Students will visit the project displays; interview their peers about their research using a worksheet provided; and participate in heritage activities.
For more information, please contact your Fair Coordinator.